How To Get Home Seller Clients To Be Your Best Source Of Referrals
Not only do home sellers have lots of friends and co-workers that they talk with on a regular basis, all of their neighbors see your “for sale” sign in the yard and often ask the seller how things are going and if they are happy with their agent.
We want to help you go the extra mile for your home sellers, so they are RAVING about the experience before, during and after the sale.
14 Ways to WOW Your Home Seller Before and After the Sale
During the Transaction
1. Communicate…. often
2. Contact them at least weekly via phone or in-person to review feedback from showing agents and buyers
3. Send the sellers a weekly email with a list of all you’re doing to promote their home. Include links to your marketing online
4. Set them up on new listing alerts so they will be notified when another comparable home is listed in their neighborhood
5. Surprise them with fresh flowers
6. Keep the flyer box filled – nothing is worse than an empty flyer box
7. Give them a list of your preferred vendors (before they ask!)
8. Provide a net sheet
9. Stop by the house before the buyers do their final walk-through.
10. Take a picture of the sellers in front of their home
11. Send a pizza over on moving day
When the home sale is complete
12. Assemble all of the transaction paperwork together, including the Settlement Statement and Be sure to purchase the legal-sized folders (8×15)
13. Bring chilled champagne to the closing (if appropriate for the area and/or situation!)
14. Give them a highly personalized gift. Two favorites:
- Create a photo book with all of the photos of their home and be sure to include the picture you took of them in front of their house. You can easily create a photo book online at Snapfish and it’s typically less than $40.
- Another great gift idea is to have an original painting of their home. There are multiple artists on Etsy that can assist you. Typically the turn-around time is 3 to 4 weeks and the cost ranges from $75 to $200.
Editor’s note: This article was created by Kerry Lucasse, Agent/Owner at eXp Realty. Information deemed reliable but is subject to change.
About Building Better Agents
At Building Better Agents, we are dedicated to helping agents build successful real estate careers. We help agents develop a plan, build a database, and work smarter to uncover the keys to success as a real estate agent. All without cold calling, door knocking, and chasing expired listings. Building Better Agents Leaders Kerry Lucasse and Kary Perry are proud to be agents with eXp Realty.
- Meet BBA Leaders
- Learn About eXp Realty
- Get New Agent Resources
- Watch How-To Videos
- Join The Academy
For more information, please contact us today!